Wentworth Primary School is committed to supporting our young carers and their families.
- The whole school is committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other pupils and achieve their potential.
- We have appointed a designated Young Carers’ School Lead with responsibility for young carers and their families. Our Senior Young Carers Lead is Mrs Jennie Tinsley, Deputy Head; our Young Carers Operational Lead is Mrs Katie Koszulinski, Year 6. Both can be contacted via the School Office.
- The school only shares information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support pupils and their families.
- Wentworth actively seeks feedback and ideas from young carers and their families to shape and improve support.
- The school has an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carer agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.
- The school was awarded the Bronze award in 2020.